Monday, December 22, 2014

A Hat in Time - Spaceship Hub Theories


 ---MAJOR SPOILERS---

If anyone doesn't know what 'A Hat in Time' is, then go here.

This game is a 3D Platformer (A genre that needs to come back alive more) and I have backed up the game, and I can see many people wanted to back it up.

Right now, there is an Alpha, and in the Alpha, there is a hub world that you can't currently explore.
The hub world is a spaceship, and right now, you can only select text.

However, the alpha version lets you add commands. The default is that the 'cheats' are off. You can turn it on. I've made a video a while back about being able to explore the spaceship.

In that video, you can find a lot of out of scene stuff. It's not too surprising because in the final version of the game, you will be able to explore the spaceship for sure!

____________________________________________

Now I want to make and predict what it's going to be like in the final!

The Levels
When I explored it, I've discovered some 'level acts'. There was only two (Remember that it's not the final model) which would be "ACT 1 - DOWN WITH THE MAFIA" and "ACT 1 - TOILET OF DOOM".
Here is picture of them both:
Still the MAFIA one, but showing the interior of that thing. Yes, it has interior.




I've also recently discovered something about this room too:
Let's look closer...
CLOSER!!!

Very interesting right? Inside that 'liquid' thing, there is a room! It also has a 'zapper' thing on the top of the interior thing. It looks like you would warp based off that zapper structure.

This looks very similar to the "ACT 1 - DOWN WITH THE MAFIA" portal but without a zapper (I guess an escape pod?).
Another thing to note is that there is no 'ACT' symbol here. But I'm assuming that's because it's still very unfinished.
Yet, another note is that I can obviously tell that this is 'Chapter 3' because of the design. In one of the official snapshots of the third chapter, there was a structure that looked exactly like the stove fire thing in the space room, but with the flames on inside the snapshot.

So it came down to one very interesting theory.. about the forest level 'Subcon Forest'.
It's the only level themed design that doesn't have a 'shuttle' like design and there is nothing that interesting except for a bed.
Could it be? Is the forest all a dream or nightmare? Could the bed be the entrance? If so, then it has to be dreams or nightmares. In the final, you would go into the 'bedroom' and sleep. When you sleep, you start to have dreams or nightmares, and I'm guessing in A Hat in Time, it's going to be a nightmare (There are many creepy things in the level).

As for the rest of the chapters.. It's unknown. There is a forth empty room, but it has nothing. I'm assuming it's "Chapter 4".

The Hub Size
  From the fact that I've already found 3 chapters and an empty room near one, I'm going to have to sadly guess that the HUB world isn't going to be that big. I would love however if they at least added a second section of multiple doors though.



Hopefully they will add more rooms other than just chapters.. It's possible that they already did.
There is a room for a Slide, and a strange room with some kind of table. I don't think both of those are chapters.

The Ladder
 Does it go somewhere? Sadly it doesn't.. When you climb all the way, you just go into 'space'.
However, there is another room far out...
Yeah, this is outside of the map I've shown.
Inside that 'black room', it's very dark. Most of the shading is very dark colored and I don't know any commands to turn the shading off. I have a theory that the ladder goes there as the ladder part is the only tunnel that cuts off. I could not find any 'hole' under it, but it's probably because it's very unfinished.

Why is the room dark? I have no theory on this sadly. It could just be a shading problem or something, or maybe they wanted to hide something.

The Slide

I won't show snapshots right now because I don't want to find that folder again, but you can kind of see it in the map and you can see it on that video I've made. There is nothing inside the room, but the ground and walls look a lot like 'grass' but I'm sure it's an unfinished thing.. What's interesting about this room is that there is no other way in, and you can't get in from the slide.

But however, the slide works. You can slide down from the room, but you can't climb back up.

I have a feeling that they just didn't add a tunnel yet, and according to the official art-work from for the spaceship, there was two more doors added in, but wasn't in the alpha version. It's possible that one of those doors are planned to go to the room.
Or maybe, just maybe that each time you complete a level, you go into that room, and slide down for fun!

The Main Screen

Well I can't show snapshots right now, I mean I don't want to but you can find it on the video.
I think the main screen is the 'results screen'. I wouldn't be very surprised if that was the case. Haha

___________________________________________________________________________

So that's my theories of the spaceship and the final.
I am very sure they are going to add more rooms, but I have a sad feeling that the spaceship isn't going to be that big though. But it's still worth having a hub world rather than a 'menu select' screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment